Saturday, February 04, 2012

Kick-Starting 2012

This is a great weekend for me to bust out my new Kinetic Road Machine trainer. We got a record 18" of snow yesterday so there won't be much road biking going on outdoors for the next few days.
We had our team launch last weekend in Minneapolis, MN where the Optum Pro Cycling p/b Kelly Benefit Strategies team officially kicked off its season. It was a fun time, check out the the team website for pics and videos of the event.
As you can imagine, there wasn't much training going on during our team presentation weekend being in Minneapolis in Jan., so we have a team training camp coming up next week in Oxnard, CA. I've never trained in the area but I hear it's got no shortage of climbing. That should prove to be a good challenge for me considering I've done about 90% of my training thus far on the flats. Come on climbing legs!
First race (I believe) will be the Merco Cycling Classic the first weekend of March. Should be a good opportunity to reintroduce my body to race intensity (while getting beat up a little by those warm weather winter dwellers).
I posted a couple of pics documenting my trainer fun yesterday. I think I'll shovel and make a snowman for my workout today!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you in your new kit on Sat. My brother Dean enjoyed racing against you on the simulator. Iguess I won't be at the USA TT championship as I have a BWCAW trip planned but I try to get to some races. Count on seeing us at the Nature Valley. Olympic year too so good luck.

Don H.

Carson said...

Have passed you a couple times on training rides north of town. Would love to ride with you sometime now that I am out in Boulder working for Frank at FasCat. Had a great time meeting you last summer with Nick in Clear Lake. Let me know if you would ever be up for a ride!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice interview with Cycking News. GO TOM GO

Don H.

Anonymous said...

Tom, Its nice to see you back racing this year. I keep following your races and hopefully if you get the Nature Valley I can make it up to the cities to see you.
Good Luck. Coach M